7.02.2009

Flee response

Overwhelmed by stress, we fled to the mountains yesterday, hoping that a hike in the Mount Evans wilderness area would ease our minds.


On the drive home, we talked of how difficult it would be to leave Colorado, of being able to see views like this only on vacation. If we return to Michigan, will "our" beloved mountains call to us constantly as Innisfree did Yeats?

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand in the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.*

Will our hearts break?

*William Butler Yeats, from The Lake Isle of Innisfree

1 comment:

peanut gallery said...

Terrible decision. Even though all the reasons to leave were valid and it has been over 30 years I still get an occasional twinge of remorse for leaving San Fransisco.